Thank you to ALL of our sponsors (see full list here)!
- Keynote address by City Councilwoman Elizabeth Brown, plus a special message from Senator Sherrod Brown
- Resources for adoption, foster parenting, IVF, legal assistance, childcare, education, spirituality, and more!
- “Pathways to parenting” learning track for prospective parents.
- “Supporting our families” learning track for current parents.
- Childcare, programming, and fun activities for the children.
- NEW IN 2016: book fair hosted by the Book Loft with LGBT-themed titles focusing in parenting, children's and fiction. The Book Loft will also have signed copies of Jim Obergefell's book, "Love Wins"!
Keynote Address by Elizabeth C. Brown, Columbus City Council – with a special message from Senator Sherrod Brown
Elizabeth Brown was elected in November 2015 to her first term on Columbus City Council, which began January 1, 2016. Previously, Brown served as the manager of Downtown Economic Development, where she collaborated with local businesses to add jobs and encouraged new businesses to move to Columbus. As a part of the city’s economic development team, Brown helped pass legislation adding hundreds of jobs in Columbus.
Brown has experience in nonprofit service, as a graduate of the City Year Americorps program. At City Year, she worked with middle school students to improve literacy and implement service-learning projects in public schools. She has a background in state, federal, and issue politics, as well as in journalism, having been published in New York Magazine, National Public Radio affiliate WOSU, and The Huffington Post.
Brown and her husband Patrick Katzenmeyer are active members of the community. Brown is on the board of The Center for Balanced Living, a mental health treatment center that specializes in eating disorders and was formerly on the board of the YWCA Columbus. She’s actively engaged in the Franklinton Development Association and the Downtown Residents Association. They and their newborn daughter Carolyn live in Columbus’ Victorian Village.
Originally born in the Berwick neighborhood of Columbus, Brown was raised in Granville, Ohio. Brown is a magna cum laude graduate of Columbia University where she earned a Bachelor’s degree in English.
Purchase Your 2016 Conference Tickets:
Ticket prices are:
- $5.00 per attendee - FPN Members (adults & children 3-18)
- $10.00 per attendee - FPN Nonmembers (adults & children 3-18)
- FREE for Children < age 3
Not a member? FPN Membership is only $10 per year per household! Join HERE.
SELECT THE NUMBER OF PAID TICKETS BELOW (we will ask for information for children < 3 on a following page).
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Thank you to ALL of our sponsors, contributors, volunteers, and presenters!
Please say hello to these great organizations as part of our Resource Fair from 11:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- TJ Brown, Realtor 43 Homes
- Adoption by Gentle Care
- Artz, Dewhirst & Wheeler LLP
- Edward Jones
- Family Source Surrogacy
- Grange Insurance
- Skylight Financial
- Reproductive Gynecology Institute
- Book Fair: The Book Loft
- Child Programming: Columbus Symphony
- Child Programming: Second and Seven Foundation
- Lunch Sponsor: Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
- Lunch Sponsor: Fusian
- Action for Children
- Art & College Preparatory Academy
- The Childhood League Center
- Choice Network
- Columbus Montessori Education Ctr.
- King Avenue United Methodist
- National Youth Advocate Program
- St. John's Evangelical Protestant Church
- Stonewall Columbus
- Youth Advocate Service